It’s not even the last week of January and the #FashionWeek hashtag is pulling in a little over 3.5 million results. With Fashion Month quickly approaching, and Milan Men’s Fashion Week already underway, it’s safe to say that your Instagram feed to starting to blow up with news and pictures from up-and coming designers. Since we know you’re busy saving the world and working on your career, there’s a good chance that you’re not going to sort through all of those posts just to get a fashion fix; so we’ve done it for you. Here’s our list of the top 5 things you need to know about Fashion Month:
1. Fashions Bad Girl is bringing the Goods. Rihanna, who was appointed the Creative Director of Puma a little over a year ago, will be showing her Puma by Rihanna collection at the Fall 2016 New York Fashion Week shows. Although the singer has been known for her bold style and personality, she actually quietly announced her participation in the Fashion Week events by indiscreetly auctioning off a VIP experience to the show on her Paddle8 auction benefitting the Clara Lionel Foundation. The biddings for the experience started at $15,000, and includes a business class flight to the city, backstage access, an invite to the after party, a pre-show styling package and a suite full of gifts, including the entire Puma by Rihanna Fall 2016 collection and a pair of her creepers in every color. The Puma by Rihanna Fall 2016 show will take place on February 12, 2016 at 9pm!
2. Designers will get more creative with social media apps like Instagram during Fashion Week. We know what you’re thinking, and no, they aren't all going to be strategically placing #SoleSerum in each of their posts, but they will be far more creative than in years past about carefully crafting their brand during the week. This week alone designers have started to post pictures of models rubbing SoleSerum on their feet (Well, wishful thinking right?!) show dates, brand collaborations and pre-fashion week parties. Our advice, sign up for all of the designers you are waiting to see at fashion week now, so you get all of their updates before they release them to the general public.
3. Designers will likely promote their most exclusive pieces directly to their fanbase. It’s no secret that the Kardashian-Jenner clan has their hands involved in everything. Whether it’s their books, endorsement deals or beauty products, they seem to be able to pull multiple layers of cash-flow from each of their endeavors. A week or so ago, Kylie and Kendall sent out a vague save the date for a "Kendall + Kylie Jenner Launch Event,”and left many people wondering if the duo were going to announce a new line during fashion week, and whether or not the entire line would actually be presented at their show. Given their history of being business savvy and forward thinking when it comes to protecting their brand, we’re predicting that they’ll announce a few pieces on their apps, and that other key designers will likely do the same.
4. The cold shoulders will continue. Last fall designers Ohne Titel, Milly and Rebecca Minkoff, all presented collections which showcased off-the-shoulder dresses and cutouts. This trend appears to be a popular way for designers to show just enough skin on the runway without giving away too much. We have a feeling this subtly sexy trend will continue this spring.
5. And last but not least Bows and Ruffles will make a comeback. Every few years we see hints of ruffles, or small bows make it into different collections. But this spring, we wouldn’t be surprised if we see larger statement ruffles and statement bows in collections by some of the larger fashion houses. So if you’ve locked away those old debutante-esque frocks away, now might be a good time to see what you can revive for the next season!
What styles do you expect to see during Fashion Week? Better yet, which styles from the past year are you completely OVER? Tell us in the comments below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
They’re the people you know the best and yet somehow always end up being the hardest to buy for. Why? Because you want to give them the world! Well we’ve got you covered. These gifts aren’t just gifts but the makings of memories. Each treat sets the stage for memory magic and the ever perfect gift… time… quality time.